Thursday, March 22, 2012

Parmesan Encrusted Chicken

So I decided they other day that since I enjoy cooking so much I would start sharing some of my favorite recipes. I, along with the rest of world, was recently introduced to the wonderful world of Pinterest. Oh its been incredible dangerous for me!!! I hate to tell you how many hours I have spent parusing all of the delicious recipes and all the fun do it yourself crafts. Makes me just want to stay at home all day cooking and getting crafty!!!

Anyway I decided that I want to take a little extra time for dinner tonight I decided to make a new creation of mine!!

Shulah's Parmesan Encrusted Chicken



2 C. Plain yogurt (any brand)
4 Chicken drumbsticks
1/2 Box of Panko Plain Breadcrumbs
1/2 C. Parmesan Cheese
1/2 C. Egg white (I use the egg whites that are Great Value brand)
1-1/2 C. Flour
Pam no stick spray
Garlic powder
Salt
Rosemary

1. Take thawed drumbsticks and remove the skin. Place them in a gallon size freezer bag with the yogurt. Place in the refrigerator for 8-10 hrs.

2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray baking dish with Pam.

3. Set up your breading station! Place flour in a dish. Put egg white in the next dish. Mix bread crumbs and parmesan cheese together in a dish.

4. Remove chicken from bag. Tap off the excess yogurt. Dredge thru flour first, then the egg whites, and then thru the bread crumb mixture. Place in the greased dish. Now you can season to your liking. I used a seasoning that I purchased at Tuesday Mornings. Its garlic, sea salt, and rosemary...its sooo good on anything!! So just season to your liking

5. Place in the oven and cook for 45 minutes. Then change oven to 400 degrees and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until juices run clear. Enjoy!!!

Now I served it with some Green Giant cheesy cauliflower and some Idahoan instant potatoes. It was perfect!!


1 comment: