Sunday, April 1, 2012

Applesauce Turnovers

So the other day I was trying to think of something to take to work for breakfast. I realized that I still had some of my homemade applesauce. So I decided to make some turnovers. I have never used puff pastry before but I knew that it was pretty easy so I gave it a try!!!

Applesauce Turnovers


2 Sheets Puff Pastry thawed
2 2/3 C. Homemade Applesauce
2 T. Liquid Egg Whites
1 t. Water
1 T. Sugar
1/2 t. Cinnamon
2 T.Milk
1/2 C. Confectioners Sugar

1. Using a rolling pin smooth out the puff pastry
2. Cut in half both ways so that you have four quarters in each sheet
3. Put  1/3 cup of applesauce in each square.
4. Mix together the water and egg whites.
5. Dip your finger and go around each square.
6. Then crimp the edges with a fork
7. Place the turnovers on a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
8. Brush the water and egg white over each turnover.
9. Using a sharp knife cut a small whole in each turnover.
10. Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the turnovers
11. Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until golden brown
12. Place them on a wire rack and cool for about 30 minutes.
13. Mix together the the confectioners sugar and milk until smooth.
14. Drizzle over the turnovers.

These were super yummy and honestly so easy to make!!

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment